What is the “problem” that your tool seeks to solve?
Many events have a charity component. The charity component is oftentimes a food drive – a popular form of giving because people can relate easily to the cause and the idea of helping to feed someone. However, running these drives can be problematic – it can be kind of messy at the event site and how the goods get delivered to the supported charity can require additional resources – which is sometimes problematic.
What is the best audience for this tool? Corporate events? Social? Other? Large? Small?
Any event, whether corporate, social or otherwise can utilize our crowd-feeding platform.
What does your tool help event planners do better?
We have developed a crowd-feeding platform that takes the traditional physical collection model and replaces it with an online donation model that radically improves how food drives work and what people that run them and donate to them can accomplish.
1) Ensures that hunger organizations get the food they need2) Enables people to donate fresh produce and other healthy food items3) Makes it easier to organize drives that produce better results4) Creates a better donation experience through engagement tools
5) Ensures that every donation makes a positive impact
There are several specific benefits to event planners:
1) Onsite food collection (and subsequent delivery) is a labor intensive process and sometimes kind of messy at the event site. Through our platform, everything is done online and we deliver the food directly to the organization supported by the drive. So no mess onsite and no need to devote resources to deliver the food that is raised.
2) As an engagement tool, the drive can start long before the date(s) of the event and all of the food donations can be tracked as they occur.
3) Our platform enables people to donate fresh produce and other healthy food – this aligns with any type of event that promotes good health, fitness, etc.
How is your tool different from/better than the competition?
We are the only platform dedicated to crowd-feeding.
What is the single coolest feature of your product?
With a couple of clicks – you can send an apple or a banana to help feed a child (or anyone else). We make it as easy to donate food to help someone who is hungry as it is to donate money. We make donating fresh produce and other healthy food as easy as donating traditional canned goods.
Anything else we need to know?
Our vision is a day when people think of food drives as an opportunity to donate strawberries, sweet potatoes and broccoli instead of canned goods and the stuff that no-one wanted to eat at Thanksgiving. The day of “personalized” food drives – drives to raise fresh produce, organic food or gluten free food; drives that raise the specific food that is needed, the food that will do the best job, is a lot closer than people think – because its here right now.
This weekly series spotlights a new tech tool that is designed to help make planning events much more seamless. Whether it’s using event software to track every detail from start to finish or mobile apps that deliver content to attendees’ fingertips, these technologies allow planners to divert their stress to more critical issues like deciding which napkin color looks best.