TechStyleNYC is an event, held during Fashion Week, that brought together fashion and technology. The event had a wonderful turnout and attendees enjoyed the chance to celebrate NYC’s fashion week in techsy style!
But just who are the brands that attended the event? What’s their take on the event industry? And what did they think of TechStyleNYC? We took the opportunity to interview a few of the attendees and over the next few days will be featuring their interviews, read on for a peek inside the guests’ heads:
We talked to Yuri Moreira, founder of Swggr.
- First of all, please tell our readers about you - what is the company all about?
Swggr is the fashion love child of Instagram and Pinterest where users style themselves and others while being rewarded.
Users host a virtual online closet “collection” where they can instantly style and share looks for themselves, as well as their friends and followers. Users rack up reward points that are redeemable for discounts from their favorite brands and retailers, exclusive merchandise, and special access to fashion tastemakers.
- What were the 3 keys to getting the company off the ground - where did you invest your time?
- I invested most if not all of my time meeting and pitching qualified potential users, Investors, and partners. Your team is the most valuable piece of your business. Raise passion before you raise capital.
- Meeting the right developer and/or CTO is one of the hardest tasks now a days. I was very fortunate to pitch Swggr to the same gentelmen who lead development teams on projects with ASOS, Aeropostale, Virgin America, DKNY, etc. and brought him on as a partner but most importantly as someone who really believed in our vision.
- Building a product that people want and listening to our audience really helped shape our vision and concept. We continue to listen to our users and will use that to our benefit.
- Just having participated in TechStyle NYC, what role do live events play in your branding and marketing initiatives?
I'm a people person and have been living and breathing our brand for close to two years. Just having our official launch really allowed me to see everyones exciting first impression of the product. There is nothing more powerful than live activations -- when you can see, feel, hear, directly from the source. TechStyle NYC did an amazing job curating a quality group of Individuals to attend the event. We still have so much work to do at Swggr but couldn't be more happy with where we are today.
- What was a successful social media campaign you hosted that showed great engagement and traction?
We are in the process of launching our social media campaigns with Influencers such as Dorothy Wang, Vanessa Simmons, Sara Uslan, and many more.
- Finally, what is your favorite app?
I'm personally addicted to Swggr and feel I'll be more and more addicted as we progress. You can find using other apps like Uber, Slack, Instagram, Spring, and TechCrunch on a weekly basis.