Recently, we told you about TechStyle, an event held during Fashion Week that brought together fashion and technology. The event had a wonderful turnout and attendees enjoyed the chance to celebrate NYC’s fashion week in techsy style!
But just who are the brands that attended the event? What’s their take on the event industry? And what did they think of TechsyStyle? We took the opportunity to interview a few of the attendees and over the next few days will be featuring their interviews, read on for a peek inside the guests’ heads:
We talked to Theresa Krier, founder of Big T NYC.
– First of all, please tell our readers about Big T NYC – what is the company all about?
I started Big T NYC with a mission to modernize and redefine traditional tea. I was inspired to create the company while working backstage at New York Fashion Week. I noticed that although the models were thirsty under all of the lights, hair & makeup, they wouldn’t touch the available sodas. They didn’t want the bloating and unnecessary chemicals (especially before walking the runway!). I wanted to create a better option, a delicious, calorie-free beverage that could help people stay beautiful, hydrated and focused in any situation. That no-bloat beverage was tea, which is all-natural, antioxidant-rich, the second most consumed beverage in the world (after water), and happened to be my favorite beverage of all time. I was also inspired by how fashion designers use ordinary elements to create one-of-a-kind designs and wanted to do the same in tea. I set out to build the world’s first couture tea brand – bringing artistry and gourmet flavor combinations to the tea category. Since its debut, Big T NYC has become a staple at New York Fashion Week & has developed a loyal following.
– What were the 3 keys to getting the company off the ground – where did you invest your time?
- Perfecting the product. This is absolutely essential.
- Positioning and branding – establishing what you are in the market & why you’re different from anything else out there
- Sales – identifying the right sales channels and hustling to make it happen!
– What was your experience like at TechStyle this year? What was your biggest takeaway?
I loved it! The TechStyle event surpassed my expectations. It was an opportunity to showcase BigT NYC to influencers and new potential customers and learn about some other pretty cool brands.
– How has social media worked in your favor?
I like social media because it’s a peek behind the curtains. I’ve found that people want to support brands that they know and have a connection with, and social media is the perfect platform for this more intimate connection.
– What role do live events play in your branding and marketing initiatives?
Live events are critical for increasing trial and brand awareness for Big T NYC. Our teas are something that customers want to try before they buy, so live events offer that opportunity.
– Finally, what is your favorite app?
My favorite apps are anything that makes life easier! – I’m really liking Hopper right now – it’s a flight predictor tool where you can also book flights, which is great because I travel so much.