DoubleDutch Delivers Strong Growth in 2015
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – January 27, 2016 – DoubleDutch, the global leading provider of mobile event apps, announces over 80 percent growth in annual recurring revenue (ARR) and over 100 percent growth in events apps deployed in 2015 compared to the previous year. Additionally, DoubleDutch saw record year-over-year growth in Asia and Europe.
“As one of the top marketing channels for ROI, events are going to play an even more strategic role in deepening relationships with customers and accelerating sales velocity. Our growth is a result of marketers’ increased focus on ways to deliver engaging and personalized experiences for attendees and exhibitors,” said Lawrence Coburn, CEO of DoubleDutch. “We expect this growth to continue as we take on the $565 billion events industry in 2016.”
Customers saw substantial increase in its mobile app adoption and engagement in DoubleDutch-powered events in 2015, including:
- 130 percent increase in total users
- 109 percent increase in total sessions
- 129 percent increase in total comments
- 147 percent increase in total likes
- Close to 3 billion total data points processed
DoubleDutch’s roster of global customers includes a range of enterprise and corporate clients, associations, educational institutions and non-profit organizations such as SAP, Rite Aid, Estee Lauder, UFC Gyms, Marketo, Optimizely, Georgetown University, and American Banker’s Association. Organizations use DoubleDutch to support a broad spectrum of events, including user and partner conferences, roadshows, sales kickoffs, incentive travel, executive offsites, networking events and tradeshows.
“It’s the biggest thing to happen to events in the last hundred years,” said Jason Ray, chief technology officer at the Urban Land Institute, which throws roughly a thousand events annually. “DoubleDutch is just beginning to unlock value that’s been elusive. We’ll see the point where at any type of gathering, people are going to expect an app.”
The record success of DoubleDutch in 2015 follows several important milestones the company achieved throughout the year including:
- A $45 million round of growth financing led by KKR, with participation from existing investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures and others.
- Freeman partnership: The partnership with Freeman, the world’s largest brand experience company, will connect DoubleDutch’s solutions with Freeman’s customer needs. Freeman customers will receive preferred access to DoubleDutch’s mobile event technology platform as well as access to an exclusive integration between Freeman’s online exhibitor interface and the newly launched DoubleDutch for Exhibitors product.
- DoubleDutch for Exhibitors: The industry’s first comprehensive solution for exhibitors that enables them to better target leads with promotional offers, streamline and simplify the lead retrieval process, gain more visibility into lead history and analytics, and maximize event ROI.
- Announcement of Q1 2016 release of new Direct Messaging and Channels capabilities that enhance collaboration among event attendees and extend the lifespan of events.
- The appointment of two executives: Brad Roberts, Chief Financial Officer andEmily He, Chief Marketing Officer.
- Various award wins including being named a 2015 winner of theSan Francisco Bay Area’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, Best Event Mobile App by the Eventex Awards 2015, and ranking 73 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™.
DoubleDutch provides mobile applications and performance analytics for events, conferences, and trade shows for more than 1,500 customers including SAP, UBM, and Urban Land Institute. Founded in 2011, DoubleDutch was recently named to Deloitte’s 500 fastest growing companies in North America, Inc. 5000’s fastest growing private companies, AlwaysOn’s Global 250 best-of-breed private companies in SaaS and Enterprise, and Forbes’ list of 10 hot companies to work for in San Francisco. DoubleDutch is based in the Mission District of San Francisco with regional offices in Amsterdam, London, and Hong Kong.