Sweta is the Director of Marketing at Yapp, an easy-to-use, cost-effective and engaging mobile event app solution. Sweta has 6 years of experience with multi-channel customer acquisition, retention and content marketing for over 35 diverse products. In her current role, she helps professionals from small associations to large enterprises discover Yapp and create mobile apps for their conferences, meetings and internal communication.
The benefits of an event app are clear for attendees, sponsors, planner and everyone else involved. However, how can reap these benefits everyone is buzzing about? You’ll need to market your event app! Here are a few key reasons why:
- Attendees will not find it on their own. The truth of the matter is, regardless of how awesome the app is, attendees will not download it unless you ask them to. The onus is on the planner and marketers to show the value of the app to the attendees. Highlight features that they can’t find in the print guide and ways their event experience will be improved if they use it.
- As you market your app, you’re marketing your event. A good marketing strategy includes messaging the attendees (and prospective attendees) via many channels. As you spread the word about the app, they’ll also hear about the event. It’s fantastic brand exposure for the event.
- Sponsors will be impressed. There are many ways to incorporate and highlight sponsors and other key partners in your event app. A high adoption rate is very beneficial to them in getting a better ROI. Additionally, if you’ve featured them on the app cover, their brand automatically gets exposure as you market the app with images of the app.
Marketing your event app doesn’t have to be difficult. You can leverage existing tools, tips, strategies resources such as this Event App Marketing Guide. It has a 6 channel marketing strategy as well as a 3-month event app marketing plan and editable templates so marketing the event app won’t be yet another daunting task on your event planners checklist.
1. Reduces Negative Environmental Impact
Take a relatively small event with just 1,000 attendees and 100 sheets of paper distributed per attendee. The damage to the environment and to our planet is:
- 12 trees wasted
- 75 tons of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere
- 1 million liters of water wasted
Simply put, mobile event apps are Earth-friendly.
2. Cost Savings
For an event with 100,000 printed pages, it can cost $20,000 just in printing costs (at 20 cents per page). Additionally, there are costs for shipping, packaging and preparation pushing the costs into thousands of dollars depending on the event. Eliminating paper can result in incredible savings after going mobile.
3. Updated Information for Attendees
Ever been at a workshop where you showed up a minute late and saw a sign on the door redirecting you to a new location a five-minute run away? Yes, us too. It’s embarrassing and preventable due to a mobile app feature called “instant publish.” It allows organizers to publish any changes they make to their event app to the attendees’ phones instantly.
4. Headache and Hassle Reduction
Spending too many hours stuffing agendas into totes, running to the printers and constantly updating confusing spreadsheets or documents? Superhero app to the rescue! Develop an app in minutes, continue to update it with details as they flow in, and finalize the app as late as the day of the event if you’d like.
How to go mobile at your next event
You can easily transition your event programs from print to mobile. To learn how, get a free eBook filled with tips, tricks and best practices to convert even the naysayers at your event into mobile event app fans.