TechStyleNYC is an event, held during Fashion Week, that brought together fashion and technology. The event had a wonderful turnout and attendees enjoyed the chance to celebrate NYC’s fashion week in techsy style!
But just who are the brands that attended the event? What’s their take on the event industry? And what did they think of TechStyleNYC? We took the opportunity to interview a few of the attendees and over the next few days will be featuring their interviews, read on for a peek inside the guests’ heads:
We talked to Stylisted co-founders Julia Carmona and Lauren Katzberg
– First of all, please tell our readers about you – what is the company all about?
Stylisted allows women to book on-location hairstyling & makeup appointments from a network of vetted freelance beauty professionals.
– What were the 3 keys to getting the company off the ground – where did you invest your time?
- Building a roster of talented freelance stylists
- Accepting technological imperfection—your site or app will never be perfect and there comes a point where you just need to launch and iterate as you go along.
- Understanding our target customer & creating a tailored customer service experience.
– Just having participated in TechStyle NYC, what role do live events play in your branding and marketing initiatives?
Live events are incredibly important to us because Stylisted delivers an experience—hairstyling & makeup application when and where you want it. Allowing perspective clients to meet the stylists on our network and try out the service is an extremely effective way for us to educate women on what we do and build trust with our platform.
Events are also an entirely separate business channel for us. Over the past two years, we’ve seen more and more companies interested in hiring stylists to do ‘braid bars’ or makeup touch-ups at their events. It’s a fantastic perk to attract attendees!
– What was a successful social media campaign you hosted that showed great engagement and traction?
We ran a fantastic contest with TheInfatuation for a complimentary Girls Night Out. What’s better than getting your hair & makeup done with your best friends and then heading out for a delicious meal at a local hotspot?! (We wanted to enter the contest ourselves!)
– Finally, what is your favorite app?
GrubHub—which is a little bit of both. They have been a model marketplace business for us. Not to mention, we’re super users (especially in the winter).